Sunday, February 1, 2009

Goals

Thinking of making myself look more like Lou Reed circa 74.

Thinking about Lou Reed a bit, ego, and the meaning of drugs. Drugs are no longer an act of transgression. Smoking, too, has changed. And fur. I think people look like morons when they wear fur.

I figured that, because he is in jail, I could write Conrad Black and request an interview. That was about three weeks ago, and he has not responded.

For a long time there has been a story inside of me about the Klondike Gold Rush. I love Pierre Berton's book.

I am also thinking of writing a book of interconnected short stories about people living in a tree planting camp. I think it should be about as long as Jesus' Son. I would self publish and send copies to people by mail. It could become my calling card.